On the Add Content screen of the push notification campaign workflow, you can insert custom user properties in any field in the notification that includes text (for example, title, body, button labels) in addition to personalizing rich media content. The Insert Property () icon is displayed when you click in the related field.
How to Personalize a Push Notification
Step 1: On the Add Content screen, click in the desired text or URL box and enter your initial content.
Step 2: Place the cursor at the point where you want to insert a user property and then click Insert Property (). The Insert Property dialog is displayed.
Step 3: Enter the the property name or select an item from the list of available properties.
Step 4: Below the property name, select an option to use if the target user does not have a value for that property. The options are:
- Don’t Send – the user does not receive the notification. The number of devices who do not receive a notification due to the absence of a user property is displayed in the Push Results section of the Campaign Details tab on the push notification report screen. For more information, see Managing Push Notifications.
- Fallback – the absent user property is replaced with the text you enter in the Fallback field.
Step 5: Click Insert Property to add the user property to the notification content. A preview of the message is displayed as you type and any fallback text is displayed in place of the custom property, if specified.
Step 6: After you have added the push notification content, click Next: Set Targeting to proceed. Complete the rest of the campaign workflow as you would for a regular push notification. For more information, see Creating Push Notifications.
Personalizing Rich Push Notifications
You can also customize the media elements of your rich push notifications, for example, including video previews or trailers, a short customer survey, or a promotion that includes relevant and contextual images based on user behaviors. For more information on how to personalize rich push notifications, see About Rich Push Notifications.
- View push notification best practices before you create your notification. For more information, see Push Notification Best Practices.
- QA test your push notification. For more information, see QA Testing Push Notifications.
- View results and reports for your push notification or change the status. For more information, see Managing Push Notifications.