Swrve’s Campaign center has two options for viewing your campaign results. Use the available filters to customize your campaigns view, for example, by state or channel.
- To expand the campaign summary card and view high-level metrics of a specific campaign, select View metrics .
- To view a more detailed report, on the Actions menu, select View Campaign, and then on the Campaigns screen, select View Report.
Understanding your campaign reports
The Campaign Report screen displays campaign details and channel-based metrics for your campaign results. It also displays Swrve’s default tracking metrics and results for any custom goals selected when creating the campaign.
The first line of the report displays general campaign information, depending on the channel:
- Campaign name: The name given to the campaign.
- Channel: The campaign delivery channel.
- Campaign status: The current status of the campaign. For more information about the different campaign states, see Managing your campaigns.
In-app message & Embedded
- Updated on: The date the campaign was last updated.
- Start Date: The start date of the campaign.
- End Date: The end date of the campaign.
Email & SMS
- Created on: The date the campaign was created.
- First sent: The date and time the campaign was first sent.
- Last sent: The date and time the campaign was last sent if a recurring campaign.
Depending on the campaign channel, the next row of the report displays totals for the campaign performance funnel, from the start of the campaign. Select a tab below to view details for each campaign channel.
- Users: The number of users exposed to the in-app message campaign.
- Viewed: The total number of times the in-app message was shown (for example, the same user may see the message multiple times).
- Engaged: The number of times users who viewed the message engaged with one of the following actions:
- Copy-to-clipboard – Copies the button’s contents to the device’s clipboard.
- Deeplink – Directs users to a custom location by means of a deeplink.
- Engagement rate: The percentage of campaigns viewed that resulted in an engagement.
- Users: The number of users exposed to the embedded campaign.
- Delivered: The total number of embedded campaigns successfully triggered (for example, the same user may receive the embedded campaign multiple times).
- Engaged: The number of times users who triggered the campaign engaged with the campaign’s content.
- Engagement rate: The percentage of campaigns triggered that resulted in an engagement.
- Audience: The total number of users the email was sent to and the percentage of your total user base the audience represents.
- Delivered: The number of emails that were successfully delivered to recipients as a total count and the percentage of the audience.
- Unique opens: The number of emails that were opened by recipients as a total count and the percentage of the number delivered.
- Unique clicks: The number of emails where the recipient clicked a link within the message as a total count and the percentage of the number opened.
To view Campaign report diagnostics, select the info icon under the Audience total.
The diagnostics show a breakdown of:
- The total number of messages sent from Swrve to the email provider.
- The total number of messages that were rejected and the associated rejection reasons.
- The total number of messages that could not be sent.
- Audience: The total number of users the message was sent to and the percentage of your total user base the audience represents.
- Sent: The number of messages successfully sent as a total count and the percentage of the audience.
- Delivered: The total number of messages successfully delivered to users as a total count and the percentage of the number sent.
Campaign goal metrics
This section displays results for the default and custom goals included in your campaign. Depending on the campaign channel, select the user cohort link (for example, Viewed, Delivered, Opened, Clicked, Engaged) to view the metrics for that group of users.
- Time engaged: The average number of minutes spent in app by users in each cohort.
- No. of sessions: The average number of individual sessions of users in each cohort.
- Revenue: The total revenue generated for the campaign for each user cohort.
- Custom goals: The total number of each custom goal (for example, event count, items purchased) for each user cohort.
The Metric explorer chart displays a bar graph of certain key metrics for each user cohort (for example, Viewed, Delivered, Opened, Clicked, Engaged), over the selected time series and granularity. Select a metric from the list to view results for the following:
- Number of Users: Total number of users in each cohort.
- Revenue: Total revenue generated.
- Number of Sessions: The number of sessions started during the selected time granularity. Sessions that span two time granularities are counted against the one in which the session started.
- Time in App: The average number of minutes spent in app by users in each cohort.
- Active Users: The number of users who were active during the selected time series and granularity.
- Revenue / User: The revenue generated per active user.
- Number of Sessions / User: The number of sessions per active user.
- Number of Events: The total number of entry events for each cohort of users (for example, total number of times a user opened or clicked a message).
- Any custom goals selected when creating the campaign.
Campaign metrics are tracked and reported for the attribution period you selected when first setting up the campaign. If the Metric Explorer is not displaying any data for a one-time campaign, try adjusting the time series and granularity to include the campaign date and attribution period.
Time series and granularity
By default, the Metric Explorer displays results for the past 7 days. To view a metric over any combination of time series and granularity, use the options on the right. Each time series displays a default granularity but you can adjust the granularity by selecting another option as required.
|Time series||Default granularity|
|Last 24 hrs||Hourly|
|Last 7 Days||Daily|
|Last 14 Days||Daily|
|Last 4 Weeks||Weekly|
|Last 6 Months||Monthly|
KPIs are updated regularly throughout the day, so if your chart includes a current time granularity, it may only display partial data (semi-shaded bar).
More key metrics
For certain campaign channels, the More key metrics section displays additional metrics.
- Bounced: Number of users where the message was bounced because the receiving server could not or would not accept the message.
- Spam report: Number of users who marked the message as spam.
- Processed: Number of users where the message has been received by the server and is ready to be delivered.
- Dropped: Number of users where the message was dropped due to one of the following reasons:
- Invalid SMTPAPI header
- Spam Content (if spam checker app enabled)
- Unsubscribed Address
- Bounced Address
- Spam Reporting Address
- Recipient List over Package Quota
- Deferred: Number of users where the recipient’s email server temporarily rejected the message.
- Failed: Number of users where the message failed to be sent. This can happen for various reasons including queue overflows, account suspensions, and media errors (in the case of MMS).
- Queued: Number of users where the API request to send a message was successful and the message is queued to be sent out. This is the initial status when you are not using a Messaging Service.
- Undelivered: Number of users where Twilio received a delivery receipt indicating that the message was not delivered. This can happen for a number of reasons including carrier content filtering, availability of the destination device, and so on.
- Manage your campaigns from the Swrve Campaign center. For more information, see Managing your campaigns.