Request a copy of the Swrve Geo Sample project for your app platform from your CSM at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will enable Geoplaces in your Swrve dashboard and give you your Geo API key.
For upgrade instructions, see the Geo SDK upgrade guide.
Release Android 7.0.0
Release date: November 25, 2021
- Added support for Android 12. The minimum Android SDK compile version is now 31.
- The Swrve Android Geo SDK 7.0.0 has a minimum dependency on the native Swrve SDK version 9.0.0.
Release iOS 5.0.1
Release date: July 14, 2021
- Fixed runtime issue linking to SwrveSDKCommon.
- The Swrve iOS Geo SDK 5.0.1 has a hard dependency on the native Swrve SDK version 7.0.3.
Release iOS 5.0.0
Release date: June 17, 2021
- Moved to XCFramework for building .frameworks. CocoaPods now delivers SwrveGeoSDK as an XCFramework (requires minimum CocoaPods version 1.9.0).
- The Swrve iOS Geo SDK 5.0.0 has a hard dependency on the native Swrve SDK version 7.0.2.
Release Android 6.0.0
Release date: April 20, 2021
- We’ve optimized Android Geo SDK 6.0.0 to display all geo notifications from a notification cache that is refreshed regularly and at app start. As a result, notifications now display faster due to less background restrictions being applied. This also brings the SDK more in-line with Android’s background processing best practices.
- Removed the previously deprecated
SwrveGeoConfig. Please use
SwrveGeoNotificationFilterinstead which provides richer details.
Release Android 5.1.0
Release date: March 19, 2021
- The Android Geo SDK 5.1.0 now supports Android 11 (targetSdkVersion 30).
SwrveGeoConfig.customFilter. Please use
SwrveGeoConfig.notificationFilterinstead which provides richer details about the triggered notification.
Previous releases summary
|Date||Version||Features and Fixes|
|October 20, 2020||4.1.0||Added new iOS 14 location delegate method to record new accuracy permission level: full or reduced.|
|July 6, 2020||Android 5.0.0 & iOS 4.0.0||Android only: Added APIs for managing location permission requests. iOS only: Added isStarted API to SwrveGeoSDK that returns true if the SDK starts successfully and the Swrve iOS Geo SDK 4.0.0 has a hard dependency on the native Swrve SDK version 6.5.3. QA device logging includes a new Geoplace Triggered event, include a callback in the SwrveGeoConfig that executes when a user moves through a geoplace, device update events now log location permissions as properties, and various optimizations that improve reliability and performance.|
|May 19, 2020||3.0.1||Fixed an internal issue with the identifier string when registering geoplaces in Swrve.|
|April 28, 2020||Android 4.0.0 &
|The Android Geo SDK 4.0.0 has a minimum dependency on the native Swrve SDK version 7.0.0. The iOS Geo SDK 3.0.0 has a minimum dependency on the native Swrve SDK version 6.2.0. Removed dependency on Bluedot SDK and suspended support for Cordova integration.|
|December 11, 2019||3.0.0||Android only: Added support for Android 10, which includes important updates to location permissions.|
|August 29, 2019||2.3.1||iOS only: Bug fixes. November 12, 2019 – Recompiled the iOS Swrve GeoSDK to add support for iOS 13, Xcode 11, and Swift 5.|
|August 1, 2019||2.3.0||Added support for configuring notification cooldown periods and geoplace opening hours.|
|May 15, 2019||2.2.1||Recompiled the iOS Swrve Geo SDK to add support for XCode 10.2.|
|April 8, 2019||2.2.0||Added support for triggering and displaying geo notifications when a device is offline.|
|February 11, 2019||2.1.1||Bug fixes.|
|January 31, 2019||2.1.0||Added an API for delaying the very first start of the SwrveGeoSDK and improved the background operation of requesting notifications.|
|September 10, 2018||2.0.1||Bug fixes.|
|September 3, 2018||2.0.0||Added support for creating geo-triggered notification campaigns in the Swrve dashboard, custom filtering of notifications, and custom geoplace properties.|