Swrve has an open source SDK repository. There are two options for downloading the latest public Swrve Unity SDK.
Release date: May 12, 2022
- Added support for multiple pages of in-app messages within a single in-app message campaign.
- Added OR conditions support to in-app message triggering logic.
- Resolved an error that caused the app to crash if device region was returned null.
Release date: February 28, 2022
- Added support for custom text styling, padding and fonts for in-app messages. For more information, see Intro to in-app messages.
- Fixed an issue in the
CheckInfluenceDatamethod that prevented the app from loading if the SDK was checking for push influenced data.
Release date: December 9, 2021
- Added support for multiple lines of text in the in-app message text component.
Release date: October 18, 2021
- Android: Fixed a bug introduced in v8.1.0 that resulted in the SDK not sending push influenced events.
Release date: August 25, 2021
- Added a new API called
stopTrackingthat stops the SDK from tracking a user’s activity and sending events until you call the
startAPI. For more information, see the Unity integration guide.
- Fixed a bug where a push engaged event was sent immediately if the user received the notification while the app was in the foreground.
- Fixed a bug where push engaged event was not sent if a user engaged with a custom button.
Release date: July 27, 2021
- Added support for in-app message image personalization.
- Increased the minimum Unity version to Unity LTS 2019.4.
- Removed support for legacy Android build.
- Removed install button custom listener.
SWRVE_LOG_IDFAmacro. Use the new public API
SetIDFA(value)to set the IDFA after the user has given their permission. For more information, see How do I log advertising and vendor IDs?
- Added personalization properties to the
EmbeddedCallbackand streamlined the process of applying personalization to message data. For more information, see the Unity integration guide.
- Removed custom animator and hidden rendering internals. For custom rendering, use Embedded experiences.
- Android: Added reporting of notifications configuration.
- Better naming of Android dependencies to avoid collision with other plugins.
- Removed the need for legacy-support-v4 library.
- Resolved an issue that caused install time to be incorrectly reported.
- Improved reliability with background updates and authenticated push.
Release date: April 27, 2021
- Android: Fixed an issue with Conversation custom fonts that caused the system font to display on devices running Android 11.
Release date: March 29, 2021
- Android: Fixed a “duplicate plugins” issue when building for Android in Unity 2020.
Release date: December 14, 2020
- Added the ability to use Swrve triggering for your own application UI. For more information, see the Unity integration guide.
- Android: Upgraded the following tools and services:
- Firebase Cloud Messaging to version 21.0.0.
- Android Gradle Build Tools plugin to version 4.1.1.
- Gradle to version 6.5.0.
- Resolved an issue where the personalization fallback may fail if the callback is not setup or returns null.
- Resolved an issue where QA user devices upgrading from 7.1.0 to 7.2.0 would cause a crash.
Release date: October 21, 2020
- We’ve made several upgrades to the QA user feature, with richer logs now available in the QA user logging screen.
Some highlights are:
If your SDK integration uses the Identity API or a custom user ID, and you’re using both an old and new version of the SDK across different devices, once a QA user migrates to this version of the SDK, any logs sent from a
- Events display immediately in the QA user logging screen.
- Event Source indicates the current progress of events from the SDK through to the Swrve servers.
- A User Segment log displays details for all segments that user belongs to.
- Alignment with native QA logs for consistency.
device running an older version of the SDK will not display in the QA user logs. We recommend upgrading all of your devices to the latest version of the SDK.
- Updated tracking of device OS and type for platform-specific delivery of in-app messages.
- Mark Message Center campaigns as seen programmatically.
- Internal changes to improve the reliability of sending the Push Delivered event.
- iOS: As of iOS 14, Apple requires user permission to collect the IDFA (Identifier for Advertisers). If a user has granted permission and SWRVE_LOG_IDFA is enabled, the SDK will continue to automatically collect the IDFA and send with device info updates.
- Android: Upgraded the following tools and services:
- Firebase Cloud Messaging to version 20.2.4.
- Android Gradle Build Tools plugin to version 4.0.1.
- Gradle to version 6.1.1.
- Android target SDK to 30.
- Amazon Device Messaging to version 1.1.0 (Support for FireOS 7.0).
Release date: March 25, 2020
- Swrve now automatically tracks and logs when push notifications are delivered and displayed on each device. This data will be used to drive campaign reports, retargeting, and exports.
- Removed legacy code that supported the now deprecated Unity 5 series.
- Added new sample projects that act as a guide for generating the .aar file required for a Firebase integration.
- Added an additional step to the Android pre-build action to generate a base version of the required
AndroidManifest.xmlfile if it cannot be found at
Assets/Plugins/Android. This will prompt for confirmation before generating the file. For more information, see the Unity integration guide.
- Updated our Firebase library dependency from 20.0.1 to 20.1.0.
- Fixed an issue that might cause a loss of Conversation events after switching user ID.
- Fixed compilation issues that occurred when building the SDK for Unity 2019.3.
- Fixed an issue with QA devices sending invalid
device_updateevents to the QA user endpoint.
- Android: Fixed an issue with push notification engagement events that might incorrectly trigger an influenced event when a user had engaged with a push notification.
Release date: January 29, 2020
- iOS: Fixed an issue that prevented Conversation Push Opt-In campaigns from displaying for apps using provisional authorization for push notifications.
Release date: December 13, 2019
- Fixed an issue in the start API logic where the SDK generated a new user ID as if one was not provided, instead of using the previously cached ID.
Release date: December 5, 2019
- Added configuration options for delaying the start of the SDK and setting a custom user ID for tracking purposes. For more information, see the Unity integration guide.
- Added logic where the assets of campaigns scheduled to trigger on session start are prioritized.
- Deprecated the use of
SwrveNotificationCustomFilterand added a
- Added an automatic retry if assets fail to download when the application resumes from background.
- Moved minimum support up to Unity 2017.4.33f1(LTS).
- Moved Android support libraries over to AndroidX.
- Updated our Firebase library dependency from 17.4.0. to 20.0.1.
- Added support for ProGuard.
- Changed the notification accent color configuration from RGB to Hex.
- Fixed an issue where the device ID was not being sent with conversation events.
- iOS: Fixed an issue where the
swrve.permission.ios.push_notificationsproperty was missing in device properties.
- Android: Fixed an issue where
JobIntentServicewould occasionally crash when processing a push notification.
Previous releases summary
|Date||Version||Features and Fixes|
|October 10, 2019||6.2.0
|With Apple’s deprecation of the UIWebView API, migrated to the recommended WKWebView to prevent issues with submitting your app to the App Store. Updated Android Gradle tools and services. Various bug fixes.|
|April 9, 2019||6.1.0||Added support for iOS 12 Provisional Authorization for push notifications and updated Android Firebase library dependency. Various bug fixes.|
|February 25, 2019||6.0.0||Added support for user identity, push to in-app campaign linking, and Facebook dynamic ad journeys to bring the Unity SDK up to parity with the native Android and iOS Swrve SDKs. Removed support for Google Cloud Messaging. Various bug fixes.|
|August 15, 2018||5.1.3||Bug fixes.|
|August 3, 2018||5.1.2||Added an Android sample that shows how to integrate with multiple push providers and still support Android O. Various bug fixes.|
|February 12, 2018||5.1.1||Bug fixes.|
|January 23, 2018||5.1.0||Refactors and code improvements for easier integration, updates to Locations SDK and added support for nested push notification payload JSON. Various bug fixes.|
|October 13, 2017||4.11.0||Several push notification enhancements, including support for creating rich notifications directly in Swrve and iOS influenced metrics reporting. Added support for Firebase Cloud Messaging and Android O.|
|June 7, 2017||4.10.1||Bug fixes.|
|May 24, 2017||4.10.0||Added support for using silent push notifications to send background app content updates.|
|May 8, 2017||4.9.2||Bug fixes.|
|April 18, 2017||4.9.1||Bug fixes.|
|March 21, 2017||4.9.0||Disabled calls to native code (iOS / Android) when running the SDK in the Unity3D Editor to prevent error warnings in the logs and bug fixes.|
|February 2, 2017||4.8.0||Various Conversation enhancements and fixes, including custom fonts and styling. To prevent App Store rejection by Apple, the SDK no longer collects Advertising Identifier (IDFA) by default.|
|November 24, 2016||4.7.0||Added support for using date-type user properties to target your campaign audiences and for sending your own push engagement event.|
|November 22, 2016||4.6.0||Changed the main Swrve Unity C# namespace from Swrve to SwrveUnity.|
|October 12, 2016||4.5.3||Bug fixes.|
|September 2, 2016||4.5.2||Bug fixes.|
|August 23, 2016||4.5.1||Improved post-processing for iOS XCode projects in C#.|
|August 4, 2016||4.5.0||Added support for Conversations, Message Center API and Location-Based Campaigns.|
|June 14, 2016||3.8.0||Added support for using event payload conditions to trigger in-app messages campaigns.|
|April 12, 2016||3.7.0||Changed the swrve.device_region user property from a 3-letter country code to a 2-letter country code.|
|February 11, 2016||3.6.0||Added ability to disable SDK device logging.|
|November 30, 2015||3.5.0||Restricted use of Swrve.* namespace for custom events.|
|October 23, 2015||3.4.3||Updated Android push notifications plugin to latest GCM library.|
|August 18, 2015||3.4.2||Added support to log device region and default to HTTPS to support iOS 9.|
|June 4, 2015||3.4.1||Bug fixes.|
|April 8, 2015||3.4.0||Changed default background of in-app messages from solid black to transparent.|
|March 13, 2015||3.3.2||Added support for Unity 5.|
|January 21, 2015||3.3.1||Bug fixes.|
|November 11, 2014||3.3.0||Added support to log carrier information by default.|
|October 21, 2014||3.2.0||Added support to generate a random UUID if no custom user ID is provided at initialization.|
|September 12, 2014||3.1.3||Production support for iOS 8.|
|August 29, 2014||3.1.2||Beta support for testing devices running iOS 8 Beta 5.|
|August 8, 2014||3.1.1||Beta support for iOS 8 push registration method.|
|July 30, 2014||3.1.0||Simplified Unity Android push notification integration and added support for triggering in-app messages at session start.|
|May 27, 2014||3.0.1||Bug fixes.|
|May 15, 2014||3.0.0||Enhancements to real-time targeting and added support for Google IAP functionality.|
|April 1, 2014||2.10.0||Simplified in-app message actions and QA device registration.|
|March 4, 2014||2.9.0||Added support for push notifications for both Unity Android and Unity iOS devices.|
|2.8.0||Added support for Swrve’s redesigned in-app messaging functionality and push notifications Beta.|
|2.7.0||Added push notification changes, support for auto-generation of user IDs, and unified the in-app messaging and analytics SDKs.|
|November 12, 2013||2.6.0||Added support for extended IAP event and bug fixes.|
|October 22, 2013||2.5.2||Bug fixes.|
|October 18, 2013||2.5.1||Bug fixes.|
|October 16, 2013||2.5.0||Added support for in-app messaging per campaign dismissal rules and bug fixes.|
|October 2, 2013||2.4.1||Bug fixes.|
|September 17, 2013||2.4.0||Added support for in-app messaging QA logging.|
|August 20, 2013||2.3.0||Added support for in-app messaging QA user functionality.|
|July 26, 2013||2.2.0||Support for new iTunes connect receipt validation.|
|July 2, 2013||2.0.1||Added support for in-app messaging and other features.|
|February 21, 2013||1.0.0||First public release.|
|August 24, 2012||First beta release.|
|June 5, 2012||Fixed install, dismiss and custom button processing.|