Unity SDK release notes
Swrve has an open source SDK repository. There are two options for downloading the latest public Swrve Unity SDK.
- Download the SDK from the GitHub public repository.
- Download a .zip file of the latest Unity SDK.
For upgrade instructions, see Unity SDK Upgrade Guide. To view the feature support matrix, see SDK Feature Support Matrix.
Release date: January 6, 2023
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the app to crash when the SDK refreshed the in-app message assets.
- Android: Fixed an issue with Android notification permission requests on devices below Android 6.0 (API level 23) that caused the app to crash.
Release date: November 24, 2022
- Increased the minimum Unity version to Unity LTS 2020.3.X.
- Added a new object called
SwrveMessageCenterDetailsto expose the subject, description, and image icon of a message center campaign. For more information, see Swrve Message Center API.
- Added a new API called
DownloadDatethat provides the download date of a message center campaign.
- Added CONTAINS conditions support to in-app message triggering logic.
- Added a new API for iOS and Android to the SwrveConfig called
PushNotificationPermissionEvents. Use this API to configure specific events that trigger a notification permission prompt when added to the event queue. For more information, see the Unity integration guide.
- Added support for Android 12 (API Level 31/32) and 13 (API Level 33), which includes Android’s new permission setting for displaying notifications. The minimum Android SDK compile version is now 31.
- The Push Delivered event payload now includes:
- An additional_info field that contains details such as the Google sent time and message ID.
- Details when a notification is not displayed because the user has denied notification permission.
- Increased Android minimum SDK from 16 to 19 to support the latest Firebase Cloud Messaging.
- Upgraded the following tools and services:
- Firebase-messaging library to 23.0.5
- iOS: Unity has deprecated the iOS Notifications Services API and we have migrated to the Mobile Notifications package to ensure support for push notifications in Unity 2022. To use push notifications on Unity iOS, you must now install the package.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the app to crash when the SDK downloaded in-app message or Conversation assets.
- Android: Fixed a rendering issue to ensure only one notification and delivery event is sent per single push.
Release date: October 17, 2022
- Removed reference to UNUserNotificationCenter when SWRVE_NO_PUSH preprocessor macro is used to avoid code errors.
Release date: September 29, 2022
- Fixed an issue with triggering in-app campaigns for QA users, where the campaign wasn’t displaying despite using the correct payload trigger.
Release date: May 12, 2022
- Added support for multiple pages of in-app messages within a single in-app message campaign.
- Added OR conditions support to in-app message triggering logic.
- Resolved an error that caused the app to crash if device region was returned null.
Release date: February 28, 2022
- Added support for custom text styling, padding and fonts for in-app messages. For more information, see Intro to in-app messages.
- Fixed an issue in the
CheckInfluenceDatamethod that prevented the app from loading if the SDK was checking for push influenced data.
Release date: December 9, 2021
- Added support for multiple lines of text in the in-app message text component.
Release date: October 18, 2021
- Android: Fixed a bug introduced in v8.1.0 that resulted in the SDK not sending push influenced events.
Release date: August 25, 2021
- Added a new API called
stopTrackingthat stops the SDK from tracking a user’s activity and sending events until you call the
startAPI. For more information, see the Unity integration guide.
- Fixed a bug where a push engaged event was sent immediately if the user received the notification while the app was in the foreground.
- Fixed a bug where push engaged event was not sent if a user engaged with a custom button.
Release date: July 27, 2021
- Added support for in-app message image personalization.
- Increased the minimum Unity version to Unity LTS 2019.4.
- Removed support for legacy Android build.
- Removed install button custom listener.
SWRVE_LOG_IDFAmacro. Use the new public API
SetIDFA(value)to set the IDFA after the user has given their permission.
- Added personalization properties to the
EmbeddedCallbackand streamlined the process of applying personalization to message data. For more information, see the Unity integration guide.
- Removed custom animator and hidden rendering internals. For custom rendering, use Embedded experiences.
- Android: Added reporting of notifications configuration.
- Better naming of Android dependencies to avoid collision with other plugins.
- Removed the need for legacy-support-v4 library.
- Resolved an issue that caused install time to be incorrectly reported.
- Improved reliability with background updates and authenticated push.
Release date: April 27, 2021
- Android: Fixed an issue with Conversation custom fonts that caused the system font to display on devices running Android 11.
Release date: March 29, 2021
- Android: Fixed a “duplicate plugins” issue when building for Android in Unity 2020.
Previous releases summary
|Date||Version||Features and Fixes|
|December 14, 2020||7.3.0||Added the ability to use Swrve triggering for your own application UI and upgraded various Android tools and services. Various bug fixes.|
|October 21, 2020||7.2.0||Upgrades to the QA user feature, with richer logs now available in the QA user logging screen, updated tracking of device OS and type for platform-specific delivery of in-app messages, mark Message Center campaigns as seen programmatically, and internal changes to improve the reliability of sending the Push Delivered event. As of iOS 14, Apple requires user permission to collect the IDFA (Identifier for Advertisers). Upgraded various Android tools and services.|
|March 25, 2020||7.1.0||Swrve now automatically tracks and logs when push notifications are delivered and displayed on each device, removed legacy code that supported the now deprecated Unity 5 series, added new sample projects that act as a guide for generating the .aar file required for a Firebase integration, added an additional step to the Android pre-build action to generate a base version of the required AndroidManifest.xml file if it cannot be found at Assets/Plugins/Android, and updated our Firebase library dependency from 20.0.1 to 20.1.0. Various bug fixes.|
|January 29, 2020||7.0.2||Fixed an iOS issue that prevented Conversation Push Opt-In campaigns from displaying for apps using provisional authorization for push notifications.|
|December 13, 2019||7.0.1||Fixed an issue in the start API logic where the SDK generated a new user ID as if one was not provided, instead of using the previously cached ID.|
|December 5, 2019||7.0.0||Added configuration options for delaying the start of the SDK and setting a custom user ID for tracking purposes, added logic where the assets of campaigns scheduled to trigger on session start are prioritized, deprecated the use of SwrveNotificationCustomFilter and added a SwrveNotificationFilter object instead, added an automatic retry if assets fail to download when the application resumes from background, moved minimum support up to Unity 2017.4.33f1(LTS), moved Android support libraries over to AndroidX, updated our Firebase library dependency from 17.4.0. to 20.0.1, added support for ProGuard, and changed the notification accent color configuration from RGB to Hex. Various bug fixes.|
|October 10, 2019||6.2.0
|With Apple’s deprecation of the UIWebView API, migrated to the recommended WKWebView to prevent issues with submitting your app to the App Store. Updated Android Gradle tools and services. Various bug fixes.|
|April 9, 2019||6.1.0||Added support for iOS 12 Provisional Authorization for push notifications and updated Android Firebase library dependency. Various bug fixes.|
|February 25, 2019||6.0.0||Added support for user identity, push to in-app campaign linking, and Facebook dynamic ad journeys to bring the Unity SDK up to parity with the native Android and iOS Swrve SDKs. Removed support for Google Cloud Messaging. Various bug fixes.|
|August 15, 2018||5.1.3||Bug fixes.|
|August 3, 2018||5.1.2||Added an Android sample that shows how to integrate with multiple push providers and still support Android O. Various bug fixes.|
|February 12, 2018||5.1.1||Bug fixes.|
|January 23, 2018||5.1.0||Refactors and code improvements for easier integration, updates to Locations SDK and added support for nested push notification payload JSON. Various bug fixes.|
|October 13, 2017||4.11.0||Several push notification enhancements, including support for creating rich notifications directly in Swrve and iOS influenced metrics reporting. Added support for Firebase Cloud Messaging and Android O.|
|June 7, 2017||4.10.1||Bug fixes.|
|May 24, 2017||4.10.0||Added support for using silent push notifications to send background app content updates.|
|May 8, 2017||4.9.2||Bug fixes.|
|April 18, 2017||4.9.1||Bug fixes.|
|March 21, 2017||4.9.0||Disabled calls to native code (iOS / Android) when running the SDK in the Unity3D Editor to prevent error warnings in the logs and bug fixes.|
|February 2, 2017||4.8.0||Various Conversation enhancements and fixes, including custom fonts and styling. To prevent App Store rejection by Apple, the SDK no longer collects Advertising Identifier (IDFA) by default.|
|November 24, 2016||4.7.0||Added support for using date-type user properties to target your campaign audiences and for sending your own push engagement event.|
|November 22, 2016||4.6.0||Changed the main Swrve Unity C# namespace from Swrve to SwrveUnity.|
|October 12, 2016||4.5.3||Bug fixes.|
|September 2, 2016||4.5.2||Bug fixes.|
|August 23, 2016||4.5.1||Improved post-processing for iOS XCode projects in C#.|
|August 4, 2016||4.5.0||Added support for Conversations, Message Center API and Location-Based Campaigns.|
|June 14, 2016||3.8.0||Added support for using event payload conditions to trigger in-app messages campaigns.|
|April 12, 2016||3.7.0||Changed the swrve.device_region user property from a 3-letter country code to a 2-letter country code.|
|February 11, 2016||3.6.0||Added ability to disable SDK device logging.|
|November 30, 2015||3.5.0||Restricted use of Swrve.* namespace for custom events.|
|October 23, 2015||3.4.3||Updated Android push notifications plugin to latest GCM library.|
|August 18, 2015||3.4.2||Added support to log device region and default to HTTPS to support iOS 9.|
|June 4, 2015||3.4.1||Bug fixes.|
|April 8, 2015||3.4.0||Changed default background of in-app messages from solid black to transparent.|
|March 13, 2015||3.3.2||Added support for Unity 5.|
|January 21, 2015||3.3.1||Bug fixes.|
|November 11, 2014||3.3.0||Added support to log carrier information by default.|
|October 21, 2014||3.2.0||Added support to generate a random UUID if no custom user ID is provided at initialization.|
|September 12, 2014||3.1.3||Production support for iOS 8.|
|August 29, 2014||3.1.2||Beta support for testing devices running iOS 8 Beta 5.|
|August 8, 2014||3.1.1||Beta support for iOS 8 push registration method.|
|July 30, 2014||3.1.0||Simplified Unity Android push notification integration and added support for triggering in-app messages at session start.|
|May 27, 2014||3.0.1||Bug fixes.|
|May 15, 2014||3.0.0||Enhancements to real-time targeting and added support for Google IAP functionality.|
|April 1, 2014||2.10.0||Simplified in-app message actions and QA device registration.|
|March 4, 2014||2.9.0||Added support for push notifications for both Unity Android and Unity iOS devices.|
|2.8.0||Added support for Swrve’s redesigned in-app messaging functionality and push notifications Beta.|
|2.7.0||Added push notification changes, support for auto-generation of user IDs, and unified the in-app messaging and analytics SDKs.|
|November 12, 2013||2.6.0||Added support for extended IAP event and bug fixes.|
|October 22, 2013||2.5.2||Bug fixes.|
|October 18, 2013||2.5.1||Bug fixes.|
|October 16, 2013||2.5.0||Added support for in-app messaging per campaign dismissal rules and bug fixes.|
|October 2, 2013||2.4.1||Bug fixes.|
|September 17, 2013||2.4.0||Added support for in-app messaging QA logging.|
|August 20, 2013||2.3.0||Added support for in-app messaging QA user functionality.|
|July 26, 2013||2.2.0||Support for new iTunes connect receipt validation.|
|July 2, 2013||2.0.1||Added support for in-app messaging and other features.|
|February 21, 2013||1.0.0||First public release.|
|August 24, 2012||First beta release.|
|June 5, 2012||Fixed install, dismiss and custom button processing.|