Swrve has an open source SDK repository. There are three options for downloading the latest public Swrve iOS SDK:
- If using CocoaPods, add
pod 'SwrveSDK'to your Podfile. The Swrve SDK is automatically downloaded and added to your project.
- Download the SDK from the GitHub public repository.
- Download a .zip file of the latest iOS SDK.
Release date: August 17, 2020
- We’ve made several upgrades to the QA user feature, with richer logs now available in the QA user logging screen.
Some highlights are:
If your SDK integration uses the Identity API or a custom user ID, and you’re using both an old and new version of the SDK across different devices, once a QA user migrates to this version of the SDK, any logs sent from a device running an older version of the SDK will not display in the QA user logs. We recommend upgrading all of your devices to the latest version of the SDK.
- Events display immediately in the QA user logging screen.
- Event Source indicates the current progress of events from the SDK through to the Swrve servers.
- A User Segment log displays details for all segments that user belongs to.
- Alignment with Android QA logs for consistency (Android SDK v7.2.0).
- Fixed deprecated warnings.
Release date: August 6, 2020
- Fixed an issue where Conversation campaigns would show a black screen before displaying.
- Fixed a Conversations issue where the answer text of some survey options would appear truncated.
Release date: July 6, 2020
- Fixed an issue with QA logging for Swrve Geo where SwrveGeoSDK could not read local data if a device was locked and the app was running in the background.
- Fixed an issue with user property updates not being sent correctly in some instances when using the Identity API.
Release date: June 23, 2020
- Fixed an issue where Conversation campaigns included in a message center would show a black screen before displaying.
- Fixed an issue where Conversations were not displaying in the correct height on iPads.
- Fixed an issue that might cause the app to crash when using the Identify method to switch between users.
Release date: June 8, 2020
- Fixed an issue that caused the SDK to crash when receiving a background notification from third party push provider.
Release date: May 14, 2020
- Mark Message Center campaigns as seen programmatically.
- Made performance improvements to dynamic text rendering code.
- Fixed an issue where some Geo SDK events were not appearing in the QA User Logs.
Release date: April 8, 2020
- Fixed an issue with tvOS where Conversations were incorrectly triggered, resulting in an overlay appearing on screen.
Release date: March 25, 2020
- Fixed an issue where the message delegate and button listeners did not reset when calling the Identify API.
Release date: March 10, 2020
- Swrve now automatically tracks and logs when push notifications are delivered and displayed on each device. This data will be used to drive campaign reports, retargeting, and exports. For more information, see the iOS integration guide.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Conversation Push Opt-In campaigns from displaying for apps using provisional authorization for push notifications.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Conversations from displaying when using a full SwiftUI project.
- Fixed an issue that caused the install date to be incorrect when using the Japanese calendar.
- To prevent possible memory loss, changed delegate references from
Release date: February 19, 2020
- Added support for the CocoaPods
Release date: October 3, 2019
- Fixed a bug introduced in v5.3.2 that caused custom fonts in Conversations to not display correctly.
- Fixed a bug introduced in v5.3.2 that caused spacing issues in some Conversations.
- Fix duplicate assets car issue when building with CocoaPods.
Release date: October 2, 2019
- Added configuration options for delaying the start of the SDK and setting a custom user ID for tracking purposes. For more information, see the iOS integration guide.
- Added new SwrveConfig property for hiding the status bar in Conversations. See property
- Fixed an issue where custom buttons in push notifications wouldn’t display if there was no media URL.
- Fixed a bug introduced in v6.2.1 that caused custom fonts in Conversations to not display correctly.
- Fixed a bug introduced in v6.2.1 that caused spacing issues in some Conversations.
- Fix duplicate assets car issue when building with CocoaPods.
Release 6.2.1 and 5.3.2
Release date: September 12, 2019
- With Apple’s deprecation of the UIWebView API, migrated to the recommended WKWebView to prevent issues with submitting your app to the App Store. If you haven’t upgraded to version 6.0+ of our SDK yet, we’ve also released a hotfix for the 5.0 series of our SDK, v5.3.2.
Release date: July 31, 2019
- Added support for Swrve Geo SDK plugin v2.3, which supports geo notification cooldown periods at app-wide, individual geoplace, and campaign levels. Also includes support for adding geoplace opening hours via CSV upload or the Geoplace API. For more information, see the Swrve Geo SDK release notes.
Release 5.3.1 (5.X series hotfix)
Release date: July 16, 2019
- Fixed a potential issue with the formatting of push tokens in iOS 13.
- Fixed timing issue when displaying dynamic push buttons.
Release date: July 4, 2019
- Fixed an issue with missing push engage events while calling the SwrveSDK Identify API from the
- Fixed an issue with Conversation videos not loading.
Release date: June 13, 2019
- Fixed Swrve Framework project compilation issue.
- Fixed a potential issue with the formatting of push tokens in iOS 13.
Release date: May 21, 2019
- Fixed an issue with string parsing in push notifications linked to an in-app message or Conversation campaign.
Release date: May 9, 2019
- Fixed an issue with the text styling display on multi-page Conversation campaigns.
Release date: April 5, 2019
- Added support for iOS 12 Provisional Authorization for push notifications. For more information, see the iOS integration guide.
- Added support for Swrve Geo SDK plugin v2.2, which supports triggering and delivering geo notifications when a device is offline. For more information, see the Swrve Geo SDK release notes.
- Extended the custom button callback function for in-app message buttons to cover dismiss calls-to-action and include campaign data. For more information, see the iOS integration guide.
- Added the ability to add custom payloads to a limited number of Swrve.* events used in Conversation responses. For more information, see the iOS integration guide.
- Fixed an issue with the push notification completion handler being called too early when downloading push media.
- Various minor fixes and improvements.
Release date: February 8, 2019
- Set UIWindow level priority for Conversation windows.
- Fixed an issue with background image alignment for Conversations on iPhone X.
Release date: December 18, 2018
- Added some internal APIs to the Swrve Geo SDK plugin to improve performance.
- Fixed versioning issue with internal event API.
- Fixed an issue where the push permission was being requested again after having received a token.
- Fixed an issue where an authenticated push was not showing when no media URL was present in the push payload.
- Fixed an issue where the
setEventQueuedCallbackwas blocking in-app messages from displaying.
Release date: October 31, 2018
- Added an API for handling User Identity. For more information, see the iOS integration guide. To be part of our Early Access program, contact your CSM at email@example.com.
- Added ability for the SDK to send a targeted silent notification that confirms a user’s identity before displaying a push notification.
- Added nullable annotations to public methods for better Swift compatibility.
- Removed permissions code (camera, location, contacts, photo library) from the SDK. If you want to handle these permissions in the SDK, you must now implement the
SwrvePermissionsDelegate. For more information, see the iOS integration guide.
- Removed support for iOS 8 and 9. For devices running unsupported OS versions of the SDK, the SDK will start with a dummy implementation.
- Removed support for Locations campaigns, which have now been replaced by our new geo-triggered campaigns. For more information, see Intro to geo-triggered campaigns.
- Removed the launch options parameter from Swrve
- Removed pre-iOS 10 push notification processing methods.
- Removed Swrve user ID from the Swrve config.
- Fixed an issue where a device token was not sent when a user enabled push notifications from their device settings.
Previous releases summary
|Date||Version||Features and Fixes|
|September 3, 2018||5.3.0||Added support for linking push notifications to in-app campaigns and Swrve Geo SDK 2.0. Various refactors and improvements to how Notifications are built.|
|April 4, 2018||5.2.2||Bug fixes.|
|March 13, 2018||5.2.1||Bug fixes.|
|March 5, 2018||5.2.0||Added support for OTT platforms. You can integrate the Swrve SDK into tvOS to do tracking, resource A/B testing and in-app messages.|
|January 25, 2018||5.1.1||Bug fixes.|
|December 12, 2017||5.1.0||Updates to Locations SDK and bug fixes.|
|November 16, 2017||5.0.0||Refactors and addition of a new SwrveSDK class. Updates to iOS frameworks process.|
|October 6, 2017||4.11.4||Bug fixes.|
|September 20, 2017||4.11.3||Added support for Carthage and bug fixes.|
|August 29, 2017||4.11.2||Bug fixes.|
|August 23, 2017||4.11.1||Improved thread safety in the Swrve Permissions manager and bug fixes.|
|August 16, 2017||4.11.0||Several push notification enhancements, including support for creating rich notifications directly in Swrve and influenced metrics reporting. Also a new API for extracting resource A/B test campaign information.|
|August 1, 2017||4.10.2||Added new user property to track permission of background app refresh setting and bug fixes.|
|July 4, 2017||4.10.1||Bug fixes.|
|May 24, 2017||4.10.0||Added support for using silent push notifications to send background app content updates.|
|April 25, 2017||4.9.2||Bug fixes.|
|April 11, 2017||4.9.1||Deprecated the SWRVE_NO_PUSH flag and bug fixes.|
|March 21, 2017||4.9.0||Updated minimum OS support to iOS 8 and bug fixes.|
|January 26, 2017||4.8.0||Various Conversation enhancements and fixes, including custom fonts and styling.|
|December 13, 2016||4.7.1||Improved the Swrve SDK support for iOS apps building with a high Data Protection entitlement.|
|November 24, 2016||4.7.0||Added support for using date-type user properties to target your campaign audiences and for sending your own push engagement event.|
|November 3, 2016||4.6.2||Bug fixes.|
|October 13, 2016||4.6.1||Added a feature flag to remove the Photo Camera Access API for users who don’t use photo camera access.|
|August 31, 2016||4.6.0||SDK now uses HTTPS by default for all endpoints.|
|August 18, 2016||4.5.2||Moved relevant frameworks out of Required and into Optional to prevent iOS 7 and iOS 8 compatibility issues when using Swift.|
|July 27, 2016||4.5.1||Bug fixes.|
|July 5, 2016||4.5.0||Conversations enhancements.|
|June 27, 2016||4.4.2||Bug fixes.|
|June 16, 2016||4.4.1||Bug fixes.|
|May 25, 2016||4.4.0||Added support for using event payload conditions to trigger in-app messages and Conversations campaigns.|
|May 9, 2016||4.3.1||Added dependancy to Locations SDK v1.1 on Swrve iOS SDK v4.3.1 or higher.|
|April 7, 2016||4.3.0||Added Star Rating survey template to Conversations.|
|February 11, 2016||4.2.0||Added Message Center API and ability to exclude optional iOS frameworks.|
|December 3, 2015||4.1.1||Bug fixes.|
|November 30, 2015||4.1.0||Restricted use of Swrve. namespace for custom events.|
|October 9, 2015||4.0.5||Bug fixes.|
|October 1, 2015||4.0.4||Bug fixes.|
|September 17, 2015||4.0.3||Increased HTTP default timeout and added support for a new UIWindow when displaying Conversations.|
|August 21, 2015||4.0.2||Bug fixes.|
|August 18, 2015||4.0.1||Added support for iOS 9 and logging device region.|
|July 7, 2015||4.0.0||Added support for Conversations and requesting device permissions.|
|April 8, 2015||3.4.0||Changed default background for in-app messages from solid black to transparent.|
|January 21, 2015||3.3.1||Bug fixes.|
|November 11, 2014||3.3.0||Added support for iOS 8 interactive push notifications and to log carrier information by default.|
|October 21, 2014||3.2.0||Added support for CocoaPods and random generation of UUID if no custom user ID is provided at initialization.|
|September 12, 2014||3.1.3||Production support for iOS 8.|
|August 29, 2014||3.1.2||Beta support for testing devices running iOS 8 Beta 5.|
|August 8, 2014||3.1.1||Beta support for iOS 8 push registration method.|
|July 30, 2014||3.1.0||Added support for triggering in-app messages at session start and bug fixes.|
|May 30, 2014||3.0.2||Bug fixes.|
|May 27, 2014||3.0.1||Bug fixes.|
|May 15, 2014||3.0.0||Real-time targeting enhancements.|
|April 18, 2014||2.2.1||Bug fixes.|
|April 1, 2014||2.2.0||Updates to iOS receipt validation process and bug fixes.|
|March 4, 2014||2.1.0||Improved processing of campaign, user resources and saved events.|
|2.0.0||Various updates to event handling and user properties.|
|1.13.0||Push notification enhancements and bug fixes.|
|November 12, 2013||1.12.0||Added support for extended IAP event and bug fixes.|
|October 18, 2013||1.11.1||Bug fixes.|
|October 16, 2013||1.11.0||Added support for in-app messaging per campaign dismissal rules and bug fixes.|
|September 18, 2013||1.10.1||Bug fixes.|
|September 17, 2013||1.10.0||Added support for in-app messaging QA logging.|
|August 20, 2013||1.9.0||Added support for in-app messaging QA users.|
|July 26, 2013||1.8.0||Added support for server side IAP validation.|
|July 2, 2013||1.7.0||Added support for app store filtering in in-app messaging.|
|May 8, 2013||1.6.0||Removed UDID system calls from libReceiptVerification.multi.a library.|
|April 15, 2013||1.5.0||Added in-app messaging.|
|March 19, 2013||1.4.0||Added client-side IAP validation and third-party ID tracking.|
|November 8, 2012||Fix bug where user_resources call returned incorrect results when called with no network connection.|
|November 2, 2012||Add user_resources call (in parallel to user_resources_diff).|
|August 24, 2012||Fixing a small timestamp bug effecting session length and playtime.|
|April 17, 2012||Add support for joined field to A/B Test call in iOS SDK.|
|December 1, 2011||Adding currency_given API support.|
|September 30, 2011||First public release.|