It’s now easier than ever to link your push notification campaigns to a relevant in-app message or conversation campaign. There are two main steps involved in configuring a push to in-app campaign link:
- Create and launch the in-app message or conversation, with a target audience that the campaign will inherit from a linked push notification campaign.
- Create and launch your push notification campaign, selecting the in-app message or conversation campaign as the engagement action.
Create an in-app campaign with inherited audience
To link your push notification to an in-app message or conversation campaign, first create the in-app message or conversation campaign and define your target audience. For general information on creating in-app message and conversation campaigns, see Creating in-app messages and Creating conversations.
On the Set Target step of the in-app message or conversation campaign workflow, under Define Target Audience, select External Audience, and then select Inherit from linked campaign.
To make the in-app message or conversation campaign available for linking to a push notification, the campaign must be active, so when you’re finished setting up the campaign, select Launch as soon as possible. After launching the campaign, you are ready to create the push notification that will link to this in-app message or conversation.
After you create and launch your in-app message or conversation campaign, follow the regular campaign workflow to create your linked push notification.
On the Add Content step of the workflow, under Buttons & Actions, the On Engage list now includes the options Link to In-App Message and Link to Conversation:
After you select the related option, any in-app message or conversation campaigns that you set up to use an inherited audience are displayed in the selection list. Select the campaign you want to have displayed when a user engages with the push notification:
Schedule or launch the push notification campaign as needed. Once the campaign is sent, when a customer receives and engages with the notification, the app will open and automatically display the linked in-app message or conversation.
Linked campaign reporting
Swrve generates the usual reports for push notifications and their linked in-app message or conversation campaigns. In the push notification campaign report, the Engagement Metrics include a link to the related in-app or conversation campaign report:
If you try to end a linked in-app message or conversation campaign, a warning message is displayed and prompts you to confirm you want to end the campaign. Depending on the type of push notification campaign you created, you might want to leave the linked in-app message or conversation campaign active until your audience has had ample opportunity to engage with the push notification.
- Create an in-app message or conversation campaign with an inherited audience. For more information, see Creating in-app messages and Creating conversations.
- Create a push notification campaign that links to the in-app message or conversation. For more information, see Creating push notifications.
- View and manage your campaigns in our new unified campaign center. For more information, see Managing your campaigns.