The new audit trail feature captures a range of data for the key entities: campaigns and users—including administrator activities such as user and role-level actions. This feature provides the intelligence for admin and audit investigators to find and view users’ actions within campaigns.
Swrve audit trails give you the following benefits:
- Saves user activity records in a central secure repository making it easy to find all records
- Time-synched records for accurate, chronological activity review
- Easily accessible records (company administrators only)
- Good filtering options for better searchability
- Exportable CSV files can be downloaded for data analysis
- RestAPI to access the audit trail for a company and its applications
Audit trail details
Select the link to display the Audit trail screen: it lists each audit trail by company and app with details of the following information associated with each one:
- Username: the username of the individual who performed the activity
- Date: the date when the action was performed
- Action: the action performed, for example, Created or Launched
- Type: the type of notification for example a Push Notification
- Name: the name given to the entity, for example the user role or permissions.
- Time Stamp: the time when an event or activity was actioned
Audit trail at company level
Audit trail at app level
To set up the retention period for your records select Settings.
Audit trail records are retained for 30 days by default—records that are more than 30 days old are automatically removed from the audit trail on a daily basis.
If you wish to retain records longer than 30 days, reset the retention period using the Settings option on the Audit Trail screen and select a new duration from the Retention drop-down list. Select Save to confirm the new setting.
View audit results
To view your audit trails, select View All from the Audit trail screen. The audit trails are grouped by company and app and they detail all activity over the duration of your retention period. You can:
- Search for a particular audit trail: type the name of an audit trail you want to view.
- Filter the results by Action: Created, Updated, Deleted, Duplicated, Archived, Stopped, and Launched.
- Filter the results by Type: Enter the type of notification selected for your campaign.
- Filter the results by Username: Select a particular user from the Select User drop-down list.
- Select a specific date range: Select the relevant dates in the From and To calendars. Use the arrows on each of the calendars to change the month and year.
Administrators can download audit records at a company or application level. When you select Download CSV different options display depending on where the download is selected from:
- Select Download CSV from the main audit logging screen to download all company or app audit records.
- When reviewing user activities from the View All screen, Download CSV provides the option to download all records or a filtered set of records.
Select Download CSV to confirm the selected option and perform the download.