The Reports menu provides access to Swrve’s analytic tools. Within this menu, you can access a variety of reports, such as the Item Charts report example below:
Swrve provides the following reports to enable you to monitor and compare analytic data:
- Trend Reports – Swrve’s new Trend Reports let you build reports comparing KPIs, event counts or item purchases for all your users or any subset of users, including campaign audiences. Trend Reports will eventually replace the existing KPI Charts report and all of your existing reports will migrate over to this new format. For more information, see Trend Reports.
- KPI Charts – reports on every KPI you can imagine against any segment you select. It provides a comprehensive view of all the KPIs that matter to your business, including DAU, MAU, Revenue, Conversion, ARPU and ARPPU. For a description of all the KPIs available in Swrve, see Intro to KPIs. For more information about this report, see KPI Charts Report.
- User Acquisition – enables you to track how different paid referrer channels perform for your app. This report calculates several metrics per channel and campaign, such as ARPU, cost per install (CPI), and return on investment (ROI). For more information about this report, see User Acquisition Report.
- User Cohorts – enables you to view how retention, revenue, sessions per user and average session time are changing over time. For more information about this report, see User Cohorts Report.
- User Attributes – enables you to view a snapshot of your users in both graphical and tabular format. For example, you can view the lifetime spend, level, app version and location of all your users or a particular user segment. For more information about this report, see User Attributes Report.
- Events – reports on all events sent to Swrve from your app. For more information about this report, see Events Report.
- Top Items – reports on your top-selling items in terms of unit sales and currency spent. For more information about this report, see Top Items Report.
- Item Charts – reports on item sales, both in real and virtual currency, and in terms of unit sales and total revenue. For more information about this report, see Item Charts Report.
- Funnels – displays funnel progress data for your app, enabling you to identify exactly where users are experiencing issues. You can use this data to jump right in and A/B test changes to the user experience that will make a difference. For more information about this report, see Funnels Report.
You can also view a summary of your app’s performance on the KPI Metrics dashboard. For more information about the analytic data available in the KPI Metrics dashboard, see The KPI Metrics Dashboard.
Events and Analytics
To understand analytics in Swrve, it’s useful to have a basic understanding of the concept of events. Swrve tracks user behavior by means of events. Each time a user performs an action in your app that you’re interested in (such as opening the app, starting a tutorial or making an in-app purchase), your app sends Swrve an event to track it (this is configured by your development team when they set up Swrve to work with your app). Events are the basis for all KPIs and analytic data that you view through the Swrve service.
Weekly KPI Reports
You can configure Swrve to send you a weekly email which summarizes the key KPIs for each of your apps.
Activating Weekly KPI Reports
To send a weekly report to yourself:
Step 1: In the top right corner of the screen, on the user menu, click User Settings.
Step 2: In the Profile section, select an option for Send Weekly Email:
- All apps – receive a weekly summary for all your apps.
- Selected apps – receive a weekly summary for specific apps. Select the check boxes of those apps that you want to be included in the summary.
Step 3: Click Update to save your changes.
An annotation is a vertical line with associated text that display on various Swrve calendar graphs to indicate a point in time where a key event occurred. You can control whether or not they display on a graph using the Show annotations check box on those graphs for which annotations are available.
The annotations that display if you select Show annotations depend on the annotations that are available on the Report Settings screen. The Report Settings screen displays any annotations that you manually create and the annotations that Swrve automatically creates to mark the start of your A/B tests. Swrve may also add annotations from time to time to indicate changes in the Swrve service. Annotations may overlap in time, though individual annotations only ever span a single day.
To manually create an annotation:
Step 1: On the Setup menu, click Report Settings.
Step 2: In the Annotations section, click Add Annotation.
Step 3: In the Date and Name fields, enter the date and name of the event.
Step 4: Click Add Annotation.
The annotation displays the next time you select the Show annotations check box on a graph for which annotations are available, provided that the date range of the graph includes the date of the annotation event.
Item filters are groups of items that you can use to filter data in the Top Items report and the Item Charts report.
Creating Item Filters
To create an item filter:
Step 1: On the Manage menu, click Resources.
Step 2: On the Resources screen, click Create / edit filter.
Step 3: To apply any required item and revenue filters:
- In the Resource Filters or Revenue Filters category, click the required filter (for example, Name, Sales). The Filter where controls appear.
- Use the Filter where controls to define your filter value.
- Click Add to filter.
Step 4: To apply a Resource Attribute filter, select the required attribute from the Select a resource attribute list and click Add filter for this attribute.
Step 5: Click Save this filter to display the Save Filter dialog box.
Step 6: In the Segment name field, enter the name of your new filter group and click Save.
- Find out more about any of the reports detailed in this article by clicking the links provided above in each report description.
- Find out more about KPIs in Swrve. For more information, see Intro to KPIs.