A unified campaign workflow
Create, customize, and launch your campaigns in a single workflow using Swrve’s Campaign builder. Email, SMS, most push notification types, and background update campaigns all use this new flow.
Creating a new campaign
The initial steps for creating a campaign are the same for all channels.
Step 1: To access the campaign workflow from your Campaigns center, select Create campaign.
Step 2: On the Choose your marketing channel screen, select the campaign channel and then select Continue.
Step 3: Depending on the channel, you might also need to select additional options:
- Push: Select the push notification type – Standard push, Push via API, Quick push, or Geo triggered push.
- For standard push and push via API, you then have the option to send the notification to all platforms or specific platform. Leave as All platform/Any or select the specific platform as required.
- Email: Select your email provider – third-party provider or Swrve.
- Background update: Select the update type – Standard or Via API.
Step 4: On the Campaign overview screen, enter a name, description, and tags for the campaign.
Step 5: To save the campaign as a draft and go to the campaign workflow, select Save.
Building your campaign
The Campaigns builder displays your draft campaign with campaign-specific blocks:
- Overview: Displays some basic information about the campaign. Select this block to edit the campaign name, description, or tags.
- Channel: Displays the channel you selected for your campaign, and if relevant, the service provider. For example, if you selected push notification for your campaign, it displays the platforms you selected for the campaign. For multi-platform campaigns (standard push, push via API, background update), select this block to edit the platforms you want to send the campaign to.
- Goals: Set up custom goals to measure the success of your campaign.
- Content: Add your campaign content, such as the message copy, media, personalization, additional languages, or multiple variants. Select the Content preview link to preview your campaign content.
- Audience: Define your audience filters and highly customize the targeting of your campaign.
- Schedule: Set the delivery date, time, and frequency for your campaign.
- API: For Push via API or Background update via API campaigns, displays the campaign-specific push API key and URL.
From the campaign builder, use the following options to manage your campaigns:
- Actions menu:
- Archive campaign: Archive a finished or inactive campaign.
- Duplicate campaign: Create a copy of an existing campaign.
- Delete campaign: Delete a draft campaign.
- Save & exit: For draft campaigns, save your work and return to the Campaigns center.
- View report: For active, inactive, or finished campaigns, view the campaign report.
- Launch or Schedule campaign: Select if you’ve finished setting up your campaign and are ready to launch it.
- Block actions:
- Add +: Select to configure your campaign Goals, Content, or Target audience.
- Edit : Select to edit block details of draft campaigns.
- View : Select to view block details of active, finished, inactive, or archived campaigns.
Alternatively, to return to the Campaigns center when reviewing any of your campaigns, select the Campaigns header.
- Set custom goals and measure the success of your campaign.
- Add your campaign content:
- Localize your campaign content so customers receive the message in their own language.
- Create variants of your campaign content to compare how customers respond to different message styles.
- Define your campaign audience.
- Schedule and launch your campaign.
- Manage and apply campaign tags to help organize your campaigns.