Swrve uses both default and custom user properties to give you a current and detailed picture of your user status. User properties are then available for segmenting your user base, targeting your campaigns, and personalizing campaign content.
What are realtime user properties?
The manner by which Swrve personalizes your campaign content depends on the type of campaign you create. Some campaigns are triggered by a user’s action within the app or by a third-party webhook (in-app message, embedded campaigns, push via API), while other campaigns are scheduled and sent to users at a set time (standard and recurring push campaigns, email, SMS). To make user properties available in triggered campaigns, the Swrve SDK downloads a pre-configured set of user properties that it then uses to personalize the content of a campaign at the moment it is triggered.
To personalize triggered campaigns, you must first configure the user properties you want to make available in realtime. This article explains how to configure the realtime user properties that you want to use in your triggered campaign content. If you need further assistance, contact your CSM at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will work with you to identify the best user properties you want to use to personalize your campaigns.
- To access Realtime User Properties, your Swrve user role must include Manage permissions in the App Admin activity group. For more information, see Managing Swrve user roles and permissions.
- To use realtime user properties in your in-app message or embedded campaigns, your development team should upgrade your app to the latest Swrve SDK.
Custom user properties
Work with your development team to implement the custom user properties you want to use for personalization purposes. You can use a maximum of 10 user properties for personalization in triggered campaigns, with a maximum of 255 bytes per value. Some flexibility is available. If you need to use more than the maximum user properties, contact your CSM at email@example.com. For information on implementing custom user properties, see the related integration guide:
Manage your realtime user properties
To view and manage your realtime user properties, on the Manage menu, select User properties.
Use the options available to configure a new realtime user property, edit the size limit of a user property, or delete a user property configuration. The Realtime User Properties screen also displays the following details for each configured user property:
|Name||The user property name, as implemented in your app.|
|Byte Size Limit||The byte size limit of the user property value.|
|Created at||How long ago the property was configured for realtime personalization.|
Configure realtime user properties
Complete the following steps to configure realtime user properties for your app:
- On the Realtime User Properties screen, select Create Property.
- On the Configure New Realtime User Property screen, add the user property you want to configure for personalization:
- User property name – enter the user property name as it is logged to Swrve. For example, coupon_code.
- Byte limit – enter the byte size limit of the user property values. User property values that exceed the byte size limit are still stored as user properties in the Swrve system for segmentation and targeting purposes, but are not stored as realtime user properties and consequently not available for personalization.
- To save the user property and return to the Realtime User Properties screen, select Save Property.
Once you save the property, it is available to use in your triggered campaigns.